MorningPrayer Friday

Lord,
    I am finding it difficult to be positive, uplifting or even spiritual today.  From my perspective, the new president, the people he is picking for cabinet, his policies both human and environmental and then the minister he chose to preach at the private church service is a travesty of democracy, justice, integrity, equality and an assault on religious sensibilities of all faiths.
      Jesus, I don't often speak for you, but I believe you would condemn every one of these decisions and be willing to die for your beliefs, words and actions.
     I don't see how it is possible to have read the prophets, read even a small portion of the Gospels and read some of the New Testament writers and  not understand that these actions that have been chosen are arrogant, greedy, fear-based,  smack of white male supremacist ideology, are  power driven and are not in the best interest of humanity now or seven generations from now.  I think our children, grandchildren and great grandchildren some years from now will look at us in wonder and say, "What were you thinking?"
    Lord, I would love to be wrong about the direction this country is now taking.  Perhaps you can help us to move in the right direction of compassion and justice for all and care of our earth.  Perhaps, you can help us walk humbly with you and support one another in gentle harmony.  I  guess, in you and not in the governments of humanity will I trust. AMEN

Comments

Marcia said…
Reflecting my thoughts and feelings, as usual,

Popular posts from this blog

MorningPrayer Saturday

MorningPrayer Wednesday

MorningPrayer Saturday